Walking is simple and free. It's one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier.
It's suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels so why not try doing it a little more? It only takes you ten minutes to walk 1,000 steps!
Did you know?
- One in five journeys we make is less than a mile
- On average, it takes 20 minutes to walk a mile
- 20 minutes of exercise per day can make you more productive, more focused and healthier
Walking is easy to fit into your daily routine, even if you live more than one mile from your place of work. Why not try:
- Getting off the bus a couple of stops earlier than you need to?
- Parking the car a little further away and continue on foot?
- Or even try walking the full distance to work?
Take a break from traffic jams, parking and petrol costs and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to develop new, healthier routines which get your day off to a good start, save you money and improve your wellbeing. Plan your walk to work now.
If you’d like to get your colleagues, friends or organisation to walk more, view our full range of resources to help you make that first step.